Monday, December 20, 2010

Approaching the New Year with a smile


I’ve lost count of the number of days that it has been raining, but I know that I’ve been hanging out at home for what seems like a long time.  On Saturday evening, I made a break for it and celebrated my birthday at John Ash in Santa Rosa with my husband, son and some of our friends.  It was a grand evening despite the lousy weather.

One of the specials of the day was a pink snapper served over a mix of healthy grains and vegetables.  I jumped at that option and was not disappointed.  When the server came up behind me with a plate containing a flaming candle and birthday treat, I was points -ready for whatever she had to offer. 

The plate had crème brulee in a ramekin the size of a silver dollar and a small plain biscotti.  Although impossible to really know how many points were on the plate, I counted it as six, and borrowed only two points from my weekly 49 to add to my daily total.  I left the restaurant without feeling like I overdid any part of the evening with the exception of the fun part.

As I get ready to enter 2011, I have been reflecting upon how much better I feel than I did one short year ago.  And, I look at my husband, proudly, as he has also shed “serious poundage.” Together, we are crossing into the New Year weighing 95 pounds less than we did before we embarked on our weight loss journey.   When we hit the 100- pound mark, I’ll be sure to brag!

Talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment