Friday, October 1, 2010

My kitchen...not for resale only


Life is much easier since joining Weight Watchers.  Why, you ask?  It’s easier to have food in the refrigerator for actual meals than it was to sit around most evenings trying to figure out where we were getting take-out, food delivery, or sit-down restaurant food.  And, it’s so much cheaper now.

I never thought I would be the one who would enjoy planning and preparing meals.  It took about 40 years to get here.  I used to be the one that took pride in explaining that my kitchen was part of my house for resale purposes only. 

This evening, my husband called to say he was meeting a buddy after work.  I didn’t have to face the concept of hopping in the car to scavenge around for a table for one.  I went to the kitchen and made myself a delicious dinner that included a pork chop, sweet potato and fresh asparagus.  And when he arrived home, there were leftovers.

One of these days, I’m going to compare expenditures in restaurants for the year preceding Weight Watchers with this year.  I figure I have saved several thousand dollars.  Since I plan to continue this behavior going forward, I look at it as another way to fund my retirement…or our next vacation.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment