Sunday, November 7, 2010

Magical pants


Last evening, my husband and I got to put on our “fancy clothes” and attended the Hospice of Marin Gala.  As I was getting ready, it dawned on me that I hadn’t gotten dressed up since starting Weight Watchers.

I didn’t run out and invest in a new outfit.  I planned to put together something from my existing wardrobe, but didn’t really know what it was going to look like.  Living in Marin and not being part of the social scene, it’s not often that I need to figure out what’s in the “dressy” part of my closet.

About 15 years ago, I bought black “chiffony” evening pants that look like a cross between pants and a skirt.  I pull them out when I need to put together a special look.  I have a laugh every time I wear them because they have elastic in the back and a hook on the side and stretch or shrink to fit my weight.

During my heaviest times, they feel like I am wearing a tourniquet.  Last evening, they almost fell off.  I pulled them up, discreetly, every time I walked a few steps.  Needless to say, I was thrilled.

As I continue my weight loss journey, there are items of clothing that have to be sacrificed along the route.  I think my evening pants will be heading out soon.  I will miss them, so I’ll be on the lookout for a new smaller version.  Any clothing item that lasts over a decade is a hit in my book.

Talk to you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment