Friday, September 10, 2010

Refrigerator cleanse


Time to clean out the refrigerator by eating its contents.  Yes, before heading out of town, I get creative in trying to get rid of the items on the shelves, so they don’t go bad.

Tonight, my husband was working late, so I started cooking up a medley of spinach, green onions, tomatoes, green beans, and leftover rice and pork (yes, last night’s pork fried rice).  My goal was to see how many things I could pile into one skillet and keep my point level where it needed to be…at seven points.

I had lots of vegetables and very little rice and pork left, so it was pretty easy to fill a plate and still hit my point target.  When I sat down to eat it, it took forever because I discovered that eating a pile of green beans is a slow process.  But they say the slower you eat, the less likely you are to overeat.  Fast eating tricks your brain into thinking you haven’t even started.

My freezer is the next stop…a giant fudge bar is calling my name.  This treat will be consumed just because I like it and not because I'm on a quest to clean out an appliance.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment