Sunday, September 5, 2010

What happens in Vegas...is shared


I’m getting ready to head to a trade show in Las Vegas where I will be working in my supercollar® booth for three days.  The last time I worked a booth at a trade show was about 20 years ago, but I do remember the food part of it. 

When it’s your booth, you don’t want to miss any opportunities, so from 9 in the morning until about 6 in the evening, you plant yourself in that one 10x10 space and call it home.  Except for an occasional bathroom break, when you promise your booth mates that you’ll only be gone for five minutes, you stay put.

In the old days, staying put meant showing up with all kinds of candy bars and soda to bridge the gap between the early morning breakfast and dinner.  This time, it has to be different.  I’m already putting aside my granola bars that will travel with me, so I’m not paying a huge up charge for a similar item.

I will find a market and buy some fresh fruit and bottled water when I arrive. I’ll keep it cold in the ice bucket that comes with the room…ice is still free.  I learned from past experience that if you attempt to move anything out of the mini-refrigerator in the room to make space for your items, you get charged and have to spend too much time at the front desk undoing that move.

Weight Watchers taught me a valuable planning lesson.  It works when I’m home and it works when I’m away…and I get to lose weight in the process.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment