Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weight Watchers mini meeting


At yesterday’s meeting, one of the members brought up the fact that she was going out of town and was concerned about missing our meeting.  She has been at Weight Watchers for over nine months, has lost over 45 pounds and looks terrific.

That got me thinking about how important the support of the meeting leader and the members are to the success of each of us.  I have missed a few meetings over my 50 weeks due to travel.  I did attend one in Florida but other travel did not work well for finding a meeting…like on a cruise ship.

I wasn’t really worried about missing those meetings, knowing that I would keep up the tracking and play catch up the week I returned.  But, I get why some members do worry.
So, I came up with a solution.

As I was leaving yesterday’s session, I asked the concerned member when she was going to be gone and it turned out that I, too, will miss the same meeting.  I will be in Las Vegas and she will be on the East Coast.  I gave her my email address and suggested that we both “weigh-in” on the hotel scale and send emails to each other about our week.  It would be our own mini-meeting.  She’s “in” on the plan.

So, it goes to show that when there’s a will, there’s a way…and, that you do make some wonderful connections at a Weight Watchers meeting.

Talk to you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment