Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Today's the day

It’s official.  The 50th week weigh-in is over and the report is…I gained .8 pounds for a total loss of 31.4 pounds during these first 50 weeks.  I absolutely don’t believe I really gained weight.  As a matter of fact, I probably lost some.  This isn’t about denial, it’s about my swollen ankle and foot.

I came home from the meeting and looked up swollen stuff to see if it equated to weight gain.  I figured that the fluid that has built up and caused my ankle to look like a sausage must weigh something, and it turns out it does.  The question remains of how much it’s worth.

This dilemma wouldn’t really be important if this wasn’t the 50th week.  I wanted an accurate reading on this milestone day and have decided that I didn’t get one.  It will all work out fine when the swelling goes away, but I will never get to know the exact weight loss on August 31st.

Okay, I am officially dwelling on this too much, and I’m done.  Stay tuned for the next 28.6 pounds of loss.  I’m not planning any sprained ankles during this next phase.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment