Sunday, August 29, 2010

Going for a walk...later


It was my first weigh-in last September.  One week down, 49 to go.  If you have followed this blog, you know that I got into my car to attend that meeting and discovered that the car wouldn’t start.

I had a choice…not to go and show up one week later or walk.  I chose the walk.  I had no idea how far I had to walk to get to the meeting, and I was wearing the wrong shoes.  I left my house at 9:15 for the 9:30 meeting, which would have worked if I were driving.  I arrived on foot at 10, and both of my feet were bleeding.  But, I made it.

Now, as I approach my 50th meeting on Tuesday, I have the opposite problem.  I can’t walk across my living room with a sprained ankle, so I won’t be walking to Weight Watchers.  This is a disappointment to me, as I have walked this route almost every week since I have been a member.  I was out there in the winter, even when it rained, and I was looking forward to celebrating my 50th week anniversary walking with my husband.

I have come a long way on this journey.  I was the one who would find every excuse in the book if it involved walking.  The car was my preferred mode of movement.  The good news is that I have many more weeks ahead of me to reach my new goal of 60 pounds by my 60th birthday. 

My ankle will heal, and I’ll be back on the trail.  Keep an eye out for me.

Talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment