Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A walk on the wet side


I’m home from the other coast after a day of flying.  My trip was lots of fun, and it was great to see my family.  I’m now half asleep as I write this post, but I did want to share my new exercise findings that began in my dad’s swimming pool.

Yesterday, I remembered that I wasn’t going to be walking to Weight Watchers today because I was going to be on the plane.  And, Florida this time of year isn’t the place to walk anywhere.  The humidity and heat can be oppressive.

So, I decided to walk for 30 minutes in the pool.  I wasn’t sure if it was legitimate exercise until I returned to my computer and checked to see if anyone else walks in a pool.  It turns out that pool walking is “big.” 

I have decided that I am now going to walk a few days a week in my pool.  I want to see what happens to my weight loss if I add this new twist to my regime. 

For now, I’m going to practice walking to my bed.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment