Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To do's are done

What did I do today…the day before flying away to Florida.  It seems like an awful lot of stuff and I’m still doing it.  Here’s how the day has gone so far.

  1. Got up at 7:30 and did office work until 11:00.
  2. Packed up two dogs and their “vacation suitcase” of dog food for four days and drove them to the dog sitter in Terra Linda.  Got very sad when my male Lab decided to cry during the last five minutes of the ride.
  3. Drove home and did more office work from noon until 4.
  4. Hopped back in the car and went to the post office to mail office work.
  5. Stopped at the gas station and filled the tank in preparation for going to the airport tomorrow.
  6. Went to Safeway and picked up some food so my husband has nourishment during my absence. Not that I think he’s going to whip up dinners, but milk, bananas and cereal should keep him going between restaurants.
  7. Paid bills.
  8. Cleaned the house…when the dogs leave, it’s a golden opportunity to find the hidden fur.  There was enough of it to make another Lab.
  9. Packed.
  10. Made and ate my dinner…pork chop, sweet potato and corn on the cob. 
  11. Cleaned up my dinner.
  12. Ran the dishwasher and put away the clean dishes.
  13. Sorted paperwork and loaded my briefcase.
  14. Backed up my computer that is coming with me.
  15. And, now I am writing this post, and it’s 10 p.m.

I’m happy to report that this will be my last action item of the day.  There is a connection to Weight Watchers in all of my running around.  In the past, when getting ready to go out of town, the list would have been basically the same, except for the part where I was buying food for my husband.  Normally, he is traveling with me.  But, to get through all of this stuff, I would have snacked on thousands of calories of junk food.

As I stood in line to pay in Safeway, I was next to the candy bars.  I looked at them but I wasn’t even tempted.  That’s progress.

Talk to you soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment