Thursday, August 19, 2010

We "ate this"


Today, my husband and I went on a date to San Francisco.  We don’t do that often enough and vowed to try to get in there at least once a month.

On the drive in, he took me to lunch at a very exclusive restaurant…Wendy’s in San Rafael.  Now, one might jump to the conclusion that a fast food restaurant is no way to start our date.  But this visit was different.

Yesterday, he had eaten lunch there and raved about a new apple pecan chicken salad with pomegranate dressing.  Coincidentally, I had seen the same salad on the Today Show in a segment that runs regularly called “Eat This Not That.”  The salad was the “eat this” option at Wendy’s.

We studied the nutritional table provided on Wendy’s website before arriving at the drive-thru window.  We knew that if we split the salad and used only one of the packets of pomegranate dressing that comes with the meal, that we would each consume 260 calories. 

I ran all the numbers through the Weight Watchers calculator and my lunch was six points….perfect.  Oh yeah, the salad was really very good.  The chicken breast was warm, and iceberg lettuce, blue cheese, dried cranberries, and pecans surrounded it.  The addition of the pomegranate dressing gave it a tangy, fresh flavor.

I definitely would recommend my “lunch club” to anyone looking for a fast, yummy, six point treat if shared with a friend…or in my case, my best friend.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment