Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A bit of bragging


I woke up this morning, put on my walking shoes and headed out on a walk with my husband. It was his idea, and I have to admit that after flying all day yesterday part of me wanted to sit like a lump on the couch and part of me want to stretch my legs on the walk.  The bigger part wanted the couch.

Once we were out the door, it felt good to be outside in a place without humidity.  I was actually wearing a jacket because it was a bit chilly.  We took off on a route that made a large loop back to the house and then looked on MapQuest to see how far we walked.

It was exciting to see that we had walked 3.1 miles in an hour and 15 minutes.  After being away from my husband for five days, our walk gave us the time to catch up and bragging rights to the fact that we had done a 5K without even thinking about it.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment