Saturday, August 21, 2010

A birthday wish


Big day at our house…it’s my husband’s birthday.  The festivities began at 3:30 p.m. with the arrival of our son, Alex, who drove out from the city.  After the exchange of birthday greetings, we hopped into the car for our trip to Napa and dinner at one of my husband’s favorite restaurants, Rutherford Grill.

We didn’t tell him where we were going until we got into the car, but since he was driving, we knew that we needed to “spill the beans.”  He was pleased with the destination.

We had reservations at 6 p.m., and when we arrived, the place was hopping.  We were seated outdoors and enjoyed the warm Napa evening.  Although the restaurant is known for its ribs, which both Alex and my husband ordered, I had the special. Grilled sea bass and heirloom tomatoes were right up my alley and were outstanding.

I always love taking a road trip to Napa and vow, just like we did earlier this week in San Francisco, that we would do it more often.  I look forward to planning our next adventure.
Happy Birthday, Mark!

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment