Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cookie time


It’s 2:45 a.m. in Florida and I have arrived, unpacked and now will dash off a quick post about my day.  I spent it on planes…two of them and that was two too many.  It’s a long haul from San Francisco to Florida. There are no direct flights to Palm Beach, so the day started out at 8:30 a.m. our time when I left for the airport and ended at 9 p.m. our time when I arrived at my dad’s house.

Now, almost three hours later, I ready to call it a night.  The food highlight of the day happened in Houston’s airport, where I changed planes.  I planned for it before getting on the plane and waited patiently to pick it up when I ran through the terminal to catch the next flight.

“It” is a peanut butter cup cookie at the Nestle’s Café.  I know it has 7 points, and it was my dinner this evening.  Yes, it goes against all good eating habits, but I only get to have this treat when I am in this airport and that happens a few tines a year.

I bought a cup of Starbucks coffee, actually my sister bought that for me when I met up with her at that airport, and sat on my second flight enjoying every bit of my treat.  My daily points stayed intact…and that was what I planned.  Now it’s time to go to sleep.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment