Saturday, September 4, 2010

Round two...the cold


This morning, I turned the corner on my ankle issue.  I got at of bed, put my feet on the floor and didn’t wince.  The swelling seems to be going down, and my spirits are going up.  After eight days of hobbling around, I was getting really bored with myself.

But, it’s not all upside.  I’ve replaced the hobbling with a cold.  When it rains, it pours.  Now, I’m waiting for a few more days to pass so the cold heads out.  One positive thing about the cold is the fact that I’m not hungry.  I make myself eat and think that my training in eating healthy with fresh fruit and vegetables will serve me well. 

When I write these posts, I re-read the sentences as I go along.  Upon re-reading this post, I am officially stating that I recognize that I am whining, however there is a Weight Watchers lesson in all of this feeling sorry for myself.

Had I not joined and had over 50 weeks behind me, these two annoyances would have had me sitting on my couch eating ice cream and other assorted junk foods with the excuse that it makes me feel better.  Now, I know what makes me feel better…knowing that time passes, that I eat “the good stuff” and that I know I’m continuing to go in the right direction.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment