Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dressing for success…on the scale

During those other decades of going to a Weight Watchers meeting, my procedure was to wear the lightest clothing I could find in my closet for my weigh-in.  Even when I lived in New York and it was winter, I could be seen attending a meeting in a tank top and shorts, just in case it weighed in at a few less ounces than the appropriate attire.  And, there would be no eating or even coffee drinking before a weigh-in.  Who knew what havoc that could play on the scale.

Now that I have grown into my 50’s, I will be having that cup of coffee I need to do anything at 9:30 a.m. and wear clothing that is appropriate to the season.  Luckily, the seasons in California are all pretty much warm or hot, so I have an automatic buffer against wearing a heavily stuffed down parka.  I am a bit superstitious, however, and will wear the same outfit I wore last week (washed since I wore it) every week.  I can’t be expected to give up all my bizarre behaviors in the first week or two.


Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment