Thursday, July 15, 2010

Going to the big city


It was a busy day.  For me, driving into San Francisco is an ”event” that requires a lot of plotting and planning in order to avoid getting lost.  I have no sense of direction.

I have my hair highlighted and cut at a salon across the street from Nordstom’s as a result of following my colorist around town for over 15 years.  This is the fifth location that he has landed in, and he does such a great job that I have to land there, too.

The issue for me is getting used to finding a new place and, more importantly, finding parking.  I left Novato at 12:45 for my 2 p.m. appointment.  I arrived one block from the salon at 1:30 and then sat in non-moving traffic for 20 minutes.  I started to get anxious about being late, missed my turn and had to go another block to get back to the garage.

I managed to arrive at my appointment three minutes late, but I don’t like to be late.  So, I was a sweaty, out of breath mess when greeting the very people who were there to make me look better.

After a diet Coke, a fashion magazine and a great shampoo, I was enjoying myself.  I got daring, for me, and went almost blond for the summer.  Now that I am 30 pounds thinner, I decided to “kick it up a notch.”

I popped my blond head into my husband’s workplace on the way home, said a quick hello and continued on my merry way.  At least, by time I cross the Golden Gate Bridge on my way back to Marin, I know the way home.  And, I know there is parking.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment