Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summertime fun


Lots of people, lots of food, lots of fun…that’s how I spent my Sunday.  We had our backyard BBQ and swim that started at 1 p.m.  The last guests left about 6 p.m.  It’s amazing how much I needed a nap, and took one, after a day in the sunny, fresh air.

My husband cooked up a “mess ‘o” hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken apple sausages, hot links, and red peppers on the grill.  We had fruit salad, baked beans, assorted chips and for dessert, brownies, chocolate chip cookies and a gigantic Costco apple pie.

From that assortment, I made a plate of fresh fruit, a hamburger without a bun, and a scoop of baked beans.  We sent one of our guests home with the half of the apple pie that was left, so we didn’t have it in the house.

Now the only evidence that we had a party is living in my kitchen sink.  It’s time to do the dishes.  I should have sent them home with the guests, too.

Talk to you soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment