Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slowing down is still down


Week 43 arrived today with a loss of .4 pounds bringing my total weight loss to 30.6 pounds.  No complaints from me.  I have lost weight every month and as long as I don’t focus on the weekly ups and downs, I know that I will keep moving forward.

The important lesson for me at today’s meeting is remembering that a plateau is more than a few weeks of ups and downs.  That’s why I look at each month of loss as an accomplishment, even if it’s a small loss. 

I would be lying to you if I said that I don’t think, on occasion, that it would be nice if I had now lost 43 pounds.  Remember, I named this blog based upon losing one pound per week for 50 weeks.  But imagine if I hadn’t ever begun this journey or had given up.  The 30.6 pounds that I have lost could have been a weight gain.  Yikes.

For those of you who have followed me since beginning this blog, thank you.  This is the 275th post and it looks like there will be a lot more of them in my future. 

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment