Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An inch at a time


It’s been a while since I whipped out the tape measure to see how things are progressing.  I am losing weight at a slow and steady pace, and sometimes it’s important to know if the inches are following along.

When I started Weight Watchers, I took the traditional three measurements…bust, waist and hips.  I now wish that I had measured my thighs, calves, and upper arms, so I could track even more “stuff.” 

But, the three areas that I focused on are now 19 inches smaller than they were last September.  I’m quite pleased with those results. I like the feeling of pulling on my jeans, which are four sizes smaller than when I started, and having extra room in the legs.  And, I have donated some tops that had become “tent-like” and replaced them with more flattering styles.

So, even though there are weeks where the weight comes off in tiny increments or not at all, progress is being made.  Patience is paying off.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment