Friday, July 16, 2010

Spic and span

I would like to figure out how many activity points I get on Fridays, which is house cleaning day.  It seems like I don’t sit down for hours, but that may be an illusion.

The women of Molly Maids actually do the cleaning, but it’s my job to clean up before they clean up.  I learned it from my mother and could never let the place look “messy” for visitors…even when they are visiting with cleaning products.

I start the day with bed stripping, three loads of laundry and putting away anything that isn’t nailed down.  It drives my husband crazy, and he prefers to be anywhere but here when I’m doing it.  One second he knows where his keys are and the next, only I know where his keys are. 

It only takes the three ladies one hour to make my house sparkle, and if they got activity points, it would be at least a million.  They never stop working while in my house.

When they leave, I spend several hours loving my clean house.  I admire the glistening kitchen and bathrooms and the freshly made bed.  And, for just a little while, there is no dog hair blowing by.  I don’t know how they can lose so much fur and still have so much left.  I wish it worked that way on my head.

Talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment