Thursday, July 22, 2010

When a BLT isn't a BLT


When we met on Tuesday, our Weight Watchers group focused on plateau busters.  I was very interested in that topic as I have been experiencing weeks that would be defined as plateaus.  It is frustrating, but there is always something to try to break through the “flats.”

One area we did cover was “BLT,” an expression that only conjures up bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches for me.  That is not what it means in Weight Watchers and stands for bites, licks and tastes.  I decided that I was going to see how much of that I do in a week.

I don’t taste food when I am preparing it.  I do, however, have a sample or two at Costco and a pretzel or two when my husband has a bowl of them.  The way I account for them is to leave all or most of my extra 35 points as the pool from which to draw these little indulgences. 

Now, I am going to count them in my daily points, and let the cards fall where they may.  I am reasonably sure that it will not be a problem, as Costco happens once a week and pretzels aren’t happening every day.

The scale will tell….

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment