Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday in paradise


Yesterday, we were invited to a BBQ at a beach house in Stinson Beach.  I have driven to Stinson many times in the 21 years that I have lived in Marin, but I have never been to an actual home there.

The home was on a lagoon on Seadrift Lane, which is a gated community that I didn’t know existed.  Most of the times I have been to Stinson, the weather has been cold and foggy.  I wondered how anyone could live there.  Yesterday, I learned how.  It was a gorgeous day, and we sat on the deck overlooking the lagoon and the mountains. I marveled at what a fabulous location that I was fortunate enough to enjoy.

Then, the food appeared.  The grill was spewing out ribs, chicken, baby lamb chops, and assorted vegetables.  There was fresh fruit everywhere.  Of course, there were things that didn’t need to find its way to my plate like cakes, cookies, and ice cream.  I didn’t care.  The healthy stuff was abundant and delicious.

Beautiful weather, great views, gracious hosts, lovely guests and fresh food equal a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment