Tuesday, June 8, 2010

30, 40, 50...they are just numbers

This is week 38 of Weight Watchers and weigh-in day. It seems like the weeks fly by and I’m always writing about weigh-in day. I lost one pound today, for a total of 29.2 pounds.

But, wait, there’s more. When the Weight Watchers eTool told me that I had lost 29.4 pounds, I went back through the manual calculations done in the meetings and discovered the .2 pound error…in my favor. I have been pretty excited about the .2 ever since this morning. I’m not even sure why.

I am now .6 pounds away from the elusive 30- pound milestone and that’s looking pretty easy to achieve. Once I hit it, then I’ve decided that the next milestone will be 35 pounds. It’s easier for me to manage the five- pound increments than to think about my long-term goal of 50 pounds.

It’s clear that the name of this blog is 50 pounds in 50 weeks. And, it is clear that it will not happen in 50 weeks. I’m planning on 30 pounds in 40 weeks, so I will be looking at sometime in 2011 to achieve my original goal.

As always, time is going to pass regardless, so I’ll be shrinking along with it.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment