Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy 80th festivities

Today, we went to a close friend’s 80th birthday party in Tiburon. When we left our house, it was 94 degrees. When we arrived at our destination, 25 minutes later, it was 78 degrees and breezy. Perfect weather for an outdoor party and since it was a surprise, it was even more perfect.

The menu featured grilled chicken and fresh fruit, among other things, so I was all set. Then, the homemade chocolate frosted yellow birthday cake appeared. I decided, based upon all the “oohs and aahs” that I would have a small slice. It didn’t disappoint. It was well worth the allocated points.

As I am heading out of town tomorrow, I finished off the last piece of flank steak from several nights ago and my husband had some of the leftover Chinese food from last evening. The combination of a warm summer evening and a big afternoon of celebrating left us more tired than hungry. We need a lot more days like today.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment