Sunday, June 27, 2010

Feeling much more "chipper"

Yesterday was one of those days that started out wrong and ended the same way. There were enough irritations to make me decide not to write a post because I was fixated on being annoyed with myself.

The morning kicked-off with me heading out to sit on my lounge chair. That seems like it should have been fun and it was…until I dozed off with my eyeglasses in my hand. One of my dogs came by and gave me a kiss, startled me, and I let go of the glasses.

I have been wearing glasses for over 50 years. I have extremely poor vision, and I am very cognizant of taking good care of them. When I picked them up and put them back on, I realized that both lenses were chipped and chipped right in the center.

I keep a back-up pair, but these glasses were less than six months old, so I was angry with myself for bringing them outside. I could see the dollar signs mounting for replacing not one but two lens.

Fast-forwarding to later, I made a sweet potato for dinner. I reached into the oven, wearing an oven mitt, and somehow the potato burned two of my fingers right through the mitt…time for new mitts. The rest of the evening was spent with an ice pack on the burns.

Today is going much better. I bought my glasses at Costco and went back with the chipped ones this afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they would replace the lenses for free. I’ve never bought glasses there before, but I sure would do it again.

And, the burned fingers seem to be in good shape, so I’m back to typing again. Yay!

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment