Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The 80/20 rule

I’m a bit of a numbers geek. I like playing around with them, and it carries over to my Weight Watchers journey. I was thinking about where I am in the process, and it dawned on me that I am 80% done with the weeks I set aside to lose 50 pounds and 60% done with losing the pounds.

If I were trying to be a perfectionist with this effort, the percentages would match. Obviously, when I began writing the blog and came up with its name, I thought the 50 pounds would take 50 weeks.

Now, it doesn’t matter if they do. I think that it’s pretty nifty that I am 80% into the weeks…40 weeks is longer than I have ever stayed at Weight Watchers by about 28 weeks. You know what they say…you have a much better chance of success if you stay at least 16 weeks. I should be at least twice as successful.

I believe that sticking with it will change the 60% to 100%. It’s just a matter of time.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment