Friday, June 25, 2010

Tower of happiness

We haven’t been to Wild Fox in Novato in quite a while, but this evening my husband and I had plans to meet some friends there for dinner. All day, I thought about the meal I was going to order. I have had their “vegetable tower” many times and enjoyed the medley of vegetables held together by rice.

When we arrived, I perused the menu and lo and behold, there was no vegetable tower. I had left my reading glasses at home, so I thought I better re-read the menu in case I missed it through my blurred distance glasses. But, it wasn’t there.

When the waiter got to the table, he asked us if we had any questions about the menu. I sure had one. What happened to my vegetable tower? It pays to ask questions. The waiter said that although it wasn’t listed, the kitchen would be glad to make it.

I am one happy camper now. I had the meal I daydreamed about and had enough leftover to have the rest for lunch tomorrow. I can’t wait for breakfast to wear off , so I can eat it.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment