Friday, June 4, 2010

Dinner split...savings for all

I was watching a few minutes of Dr. Oz this evening while waiting for my husband to come home from work. The doctor profiled a church congregation of 1500 members in New York City who, on average, are 80 pounds overweight EACH. If I remember right, they needed to lose 60 tons. Now that’s a number that is hard to get your arms around.

The church frequently had a buffet dinner that included fried chicken and waffles. I never really got a hankering for that combination, but I could see how one could easily end up 80 pounds overweight by repeatedly eating it.

Armed with that knowledge, my husband and I went out to dinner. We went to Finnegan’s in Novato and split a salad and a burger. We ditched the bun and the fries, thus saving points and money. I’m so glad I don’t have to lose 60 tons.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment