Sunday, February 14, 2010

A five-star Valentine's Day

A wonderful Valentine’s Day with my husband is coming to a close. We started the day at La Boulangerie in Novato where the coffee is served in gigantic cups. Just the thing I needed to get my engine running.

We made time for a walk and enjoyed the first hints of spring as we passed by the flowering trees in the neighborhood. I have to admit that 65 degrees and February still don’t sink into this New Yorker’s brain, but I’m not complaining. I don’t think that there would have been a walk in cold, snowy Manhattan if I still lived there.

And, the big finale came this evening with dinner at my favorite place, John Ash in Santa Rosa. The restaurant was adorned in red, white and pink balloons, roses, and twinkling white lights. A very romantic backdrop to a delicious meal of celery root and truffle oil bisque followed by filet mignon, mashed potatoes and baby carrots.

I saved a lot my points for this evening and indulged in a small scoop of homemade caramel gelato and a few bites of lemon angel food cake. Yum!

It’s time to call it a night…Valentine’s Day 2010 goes down as a winner.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment