Saturday, February 6, 2010

When breakfast turns into brunch

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Don’t skip breakfast. How many times have you heard statements about breakfast in your lifetime? I know that I have heard them more times than I have heeded them.

Now that I am a member of Weight Watchers, I do eat breakfast every day and actually look forward to it. But in the first month or so after joining, I was having difficulty with the whole concept. I would get out of bed around 7 a.m. and make my breakfast…but I wasn’t really hungry. I didn’t have fun eating it.

I figured out that my body clock is set a bit differently than others. I frequently eat dinner after 8 p.m. so everything is pushed forward a bit. My solution to this dilemma is to eat breakfast when I am hungry, which is between 10 and 11 in the morning...more like brunch for most people. My lunch shows up between 2 and 4 in the afternoon. And late night dinners are the norm.

Once I accepted that I worked better on my own schedule of eating when hungry, even if the rest of the world is eating breakfast at 7, I started having fun eating it.

And now it’s time to begin cooking a roast for dinner. We are eating at 9 this evening. Safe bet I won’t be hungry when I wake up tomorrow.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment