Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In it for the long haul

Uh-oh…weigh-in day yielded an .8-pound gain. I walked to the meeting knowing that it was going to turn out that way because I own my new scale. I only use it one day a week, before and after my Weight Watchers meeting. The before is to get a sense of what will happen when I get weighed-in officially, and the after is to see if my scale is calibrated correctly.

Even before stepping on my own scales, I knew that it would probably register the gain. I ate my Valentine’s Day dinner at a lovely restaurant on Sunday evening and I used a recipe that called for a heavy dose of Kosher salt on Monday evening…and that’s on the heels of several evenings of take-out food while working on the supercollar® project. I think I am preserved in salt and need to go back to my salt-free existence.

I will be walking a bit more this week as the forecast calls for some beautiful spring weather. That will also help. My Weight Watchers buddy Nora lost two pounds this week and attributes some of it to her daily walks. I need to follow in her footsteps.

As usual, the tiny gain is not anything to worry about. It’s my third one in 22 weeks. I’m in for the long haul, so I look forward to next week’s weigh-in.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment