Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pizza and Chinese food...heat and repeat

This week has been the most challenging eating experience since joining Weight Watchers. Because I’m in the throes of production of the supercollar® and running up against shipping deadlines, I have had no time to do anything but order deliveries of food from any restaurant that will deliver to my house. I have quite a few people at my house at all times of the day and night, so cooking for them isn’t an option.

Last evening, we had Chinese food. The evening before that, we had pizza. Today’s lunch was leftovers of pizza and Chinese food. It’s an endless cycle of removing Styrofoam containers and aluminum foil wrapped slices from my refrigerator and reheating things, followed by running the dishwasher so that we have clean plates. I’m not enjoying most of the food because I’m not paying much attention to it while I eat it. I miss fresh cooked by me meals which will resume tomorrow.

But, sometimes you just have to “roll with it.” This is one of those times. I have been very careful with portion control. I had two small slices of pizza for dinner two nights ago and ordered chicken and asparagus plus white rice for dinner last evening. I divided the Chinese food into three portions and ate the second third for lunch today.

No more time to chat…back to work for me.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment