Friday, February 19, 2010

The salmon dance

I dropped into Costco last evening on our way to dinner. Remember, last evening, Thursday, I was going out to celebrate finishing the supercollar® project and wondering if it would be really busy in the restaurants. I never did find out, because after Costco, my husband and I were too tired to go any further and went to KFC, got take-out and went home.

So this posting has two pieces of information. The first is that the KFC grilled chicken with a side of mashed potatoes (no gravy) has a total of six points and the chicken was pretty decent. I hated the mashed potatoes.

The second piece of information is back at Costco. My husband does not eat fish, any kind of fish. So, I never buy it because I don’t particularly want to cook two different meals, and I get concerned that the house will smell like fish.

But last evening, I passed by some salmon with a dollop of butter sitting on each of the pieces for $10 and it was something I could cook in its own tray in the oven in 20 minutes. That was enough of an incentive for me to try it out. I figured that I would cook it when he was working late and when I eat alone, which was tonight.

Not only was it delicious and easy to prepare, it was enough for two more meals. So, for about $3.50, I had a dinner that I would only have ordered in a restaurant and one which would have cost me at least six times more than I paid for it. I did remove the dollops of butter.

I’m doing a celebratory dance right now. Good thing nobody but the dogs can see me.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment