Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My new friend

How did I reward myself for another 10 pounds off? Yes, it was time to do that again, and my husband and I went to Costco for the big gift. After at least 20 years of not owning one of these, we bought…a scale.

It was an exciting moment in time when I stepped on the scale this morning to see if it matched my weigh-in from yesterday. It did, right down to the decimal point.

Scales look a lot “sexier” now than they did 20 years ago. Mine is clear and contemporary and the digital read out is just that, digital. Sure beats those weird little lines between the numbers that were on my scales of olden times. I never really could see where the pointer was pointing and mostly rounded down to make myself feel better.

So, I have joined most of the rest of the world with my new acquisition. I’m not going to go crazy and step on it every time I pass by. I am going to hop on once a week, after my Weight Watchers weigh-in to make sure it is a match. And then, after I have lost all the weight, I will have made friends with it and won’t be afraid to use it in conjunction with my monthly meeting weigh-ins.

It’s good to have a plan…and a new friend.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment