Sunday, March 21, 2010

The buddy system

It’s Sunday and we got our walk in….barely. After a busy day of going to open houses looking for potential homes for my sister, we got home about 5:00 p.m. and decided to sit down for a few minutes. Don’t do that if you think you are going to actually get back off the couch and go for a walk.

I dozed off and when I awoke, it was 6:00 and the walk was getting ready to be a figment of my imagination. But, luckily, my husband gave me the necessary kick in the “you know what” to get me up and out. And, with the help of longer days, it wasn’t dark out.

We weren’t gone for very long, 45 minutes, but we did walk just under two miles. Not bad considering I almost didn’t go at all. It’s great for me to have the buddy system when it comes to exercise. As easy as it is for me to follow the Weight Watchers program when it comes to eating, I have never been one to exercise and at 58 years old know that I am not going to become an overnight athlete.

Time for my post -exercise Advil.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment