Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Can a day have more than 24 hours?

After spending the day crossing the country, I am now in Tampa, Florida. I can’t figure out if this post counts as a posting for March 23, which it still is back home, or the 24th, which it now is in my hotel room. Either way, I’m just glad to be off of the plane.

On this trip, I figured out that when you travel and get up relatively early to go to the airport, the day has too many hours in it. I ate breakfast early, for me, at 8:00 a.m., so by the time I got to the airport and checked in, it was 11:30 and I was hungry. I bought a turkey sandwich and ate in on the plane at about noon.

Then, I changed planes in Houston, three hours later and I was back to hungry. Over the last three months, I have been in the Houston airport three times. The first time I found the best Nestlé’s Tollhouse cookie counter with a wonderful chocolate chip cookie. I bought one on that trip, and on the next trip, and again, today. It was all factored into the “master plan” of points.

When I arrived at the hotel in Tampa, it was three hours later than when I ate the cookie, and I was starving. But, it was midnight and the restaurant was closed. So I ended up ordering from room service, which only had three choices. The best one for my remaining points was a chicken Caesar salad. I got rid of the dressing.

And there you have it. It’s 1 a.m., and after a quick call to my husband back at home with the dogs, I will call it a day…or a night.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment