Sunday, March 14, 2010

A sunny six point activity

It was a gorgeous day in Novato today… the perfect day to take a long walk with my husband, and that’s exactly what we did. We started out with a destination, Starbucks, which is about 15 minutes more walking than my usual walk to Weight Watchers.

My husband now accompanies me on my walk to all my Tuesday morning meetings and drops me off. He then continues on to Starbucks for a cup of coffee and returns 45 minutes later to meet up with me again.

I wanted to see where he spends those 45 minutes, and today was my day to do it. When we arrived at our destination, I really had no desire for coffee. It was 72 degrees outside, and I was in the mood for a cool drink. So I found an orange smoothie that was 180 calories, no fat and no fiber. I knew that it was roughly three points, and I was sold.

We are now back home after two hours “out and about.” Subtracting the Starbucks stop and visiting one open house en route, I logged six activity points for my effort. More importantly, I had my husband all to myself for a sunny Sunday in Marin. Yay!

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment