Friday, March 19, 2010

One, two, three...spring

I want this warm weather to last. I think that it makes such a difference in my attitude when I wake up to a sunny day and know it’s going to get even better as the hours progress. I also think that it’s easier to be on Weight Watchers when you can spend more time outdoors enjoying the spring weather.

Here are a few things that happen to me, as the days get longer:

1. There is less temptation to look in the refrigerator just to see if anything has changed in there since the last time I looked. That is something I do when it’s cold and gloomy because I eventually get bored if I’m stuck in the house. We all know what could happen next in that scenario.

2. I start trying on my lighter weight clothing and look thinner just because it’s less bulky. Of course, I’m now 24 pounds thinner since last year’s try on, so I am pretty jazzed about it.

3. I rev up the outdoor barbecue again and let the grilling commence. Okay, that’s a lie. I’m afraid of the outside barbecue, and my husband revs it up. But, the results are yummy and the cleanup is even better.

I’m not getting carried away with this list yet because there is always the chance that Mother Nature will pull the “old switcheroo” and send us back a winter surprise. But, for the time being, I’m heading to bed with a smile on my face because I saw tomorrow’s weather forecast.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment