Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tracking minus my tracker

When I learned that the cost of Wi-fi on the ocean was $.55 per minute, my computer and, therefore, my Weight Watchers eTool tracker was rendered useless on our cruise. So, what happens when that happens? I had to rely on over five months of training before the trip to carry me through the week.

I was confident that I knew what to eat, but the major issue is knowing how big the portions really are when you are eating three meals each day that come off a menu. I had to make it easy on myself in order to succeed. For example, at the first evening’s dinner, I arranged with the server to bring me fresh pineapple and strawberries for dessert...every night.

I never looked at the dessert menu so I never was tempted. For the main course, I did have to look at the menu, but each evening there were the “vitality choices” which included a calorie count for a healthy appetizer, entrĂ©e and dessert. Knowing that a point is equal to approximately 50 calories, it was easier to choose the vitality option because I didn’t have to guess my portion size.

Breakfast was pretty easy. I would order plain yogurt, which came in the small container with the nutritional information posted on the container. I supplemented it with fresh fruit and one of my stockpile of granola bars.

You see, where there is will there is always a way, and I was not going to let a week of vacation be an excuse for throwing away 24 weeks of healthy eating.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment