Monday, March 15, 2010

Movie club members noticed

Last evening was Movie Club, the sixth one after throwing my hat in the ring and declaring that I was going to lose fifty pounds in fifty weeks…and write about it. Just like Julie in Julie and Julia, our Movie Club pick in September, my blog was going to make me accountable to myself.

Anyone who cared to follow was an added benefit for me. Since beginning my journey, over 4000 viewers have taken a look, and for that, I say, thank you.

When I arrived at the home of the Movie Club host, I was greeted with a “hi, skinny.” Now, let me tell you that I’m far from skinny, but I wondered in a past posting when people would actually notice that I had lost weight. The bigger you are to start with, the more you need to lose to be noticed. I guess the magic number was over 20 pounds.

I can’t pretend that I wasn’t a bit jazzed to hear it. But, keeping it in perspective, it doesn’t really matter if others notice. When I had lost the first few pounds and nobody could tell…I could. I was proud of the fact that I was doing it. I could feel the difference when I got out of bed in the morning. I knew I was healthier from one day to the next.

Tomorrow is another weigh-in day. I still think about the weeks ahead, 24 of them, as a good thing…lots of time to reach my goal. I don’t think about the pounds. It’s nice to know they are coming off, but I’m not fixated on the actual weight loss. It happens if I spend the time enjoying the journey.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment