Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Boycott on dinner

I was tired last evening. Too tired to want to eat. I made dinner for my husband, looked at it, and decided that it just wasn’t what I wanted. Has that ever happened to you?

I put his meal in front of him and sat down with nothing. He thought I was sick. I wasn’t…just tired and “turned off” by an entire meal. The “pre-WW” me would have sat down and eaten it anyway, because I made it. Or, I would have fixed myself a bowl of ice cream with a few cookies and sat at the table to keep him company.

The new, “at WW” me sat at the table and kept him company. I was happy to have the time to talk without worrying about having a plate of food in front of me that I really didn’t want. For about a minute, he thought it was weird, but he was too hungry to want to analyze the whole thing.

Two hours later, I was hungry. A bowl of Greek yogurt with some fresh raspberries did the trick. Sometimes, you just have to do things a little differently and the results can be surprisingly good.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment