Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm becoming a caricature

The house is very quiet today…just the dogs and me enjoying a sunny, Fall afternoon. Because I’m alone, I decided to pull out the tape measure and see what my measurements look like six weeks after starting Weight Watchers. The scale is not one of my favorite tools, so you can imagine that the tape measure isn’t enjoying much love either.

I entered my “stats” on the online e-tool when I joined. I actually forgot I did that and think that I forgot, on purpose, my original measurements. I like all the bells and whistles on the Weight Watchers site, so in was only a matter of time before I found the place where I had entered the original data.

I’m not one for caring much about the actual measurements. I like seeing pounds come off, but the rest is too much to care about for me. I know that when my clothes feel more comfortable, inches must be coming off, and comfort is the name of the game these days.

But, my curiosity got the best of me, and I measured everything. The good news is that there is 5 inches less of me on my hips, waist and bust than there was when I started six weeks ago. Just think, if things continued to work that way, at the end of the 50 weeks, I could be 50 inches smaller. You wouldn’t even see me anymore. I don’t think it works that way.

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. We would hate for you to disappear! :-) But it makes for a funny picture in my head.

    ReplyDelete