Saturday, October 17, 2009

Manicures, pedicures and weight loss

This morning was my monthly manicure appointment.  Thanks to the skills of Vi at Helen of Troy, my neighborhood salon, and something called a “pink and white”, my nails wear like iron. 


So, I entered the salon and was greeted by a “hello, Jane” from a fellow Weight Watchers member from my Tuesday morning group.  We chatted a bit as Vi finished up with her pedicure.  As she left the salon, she mentioned that the whimsical Halloween theme that Vi had painted on her toes was just what she needed to start her day right.

I thought about what she said as I sat down to write today’s news.  Since arriving home, I have looked at my new manicure and smiled.  I also appreciate how much faster I can type with shorter nails.  It was what I needed to start my day right.

Even though controlling my weight issues will take some time, it’s the little things that you can control quickly that make the time more enjoyable.

Do something special for yourself today, and put a smile on your face.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment