Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oktoberfest...Bavarian pretzels and a great fresh fish


There was advance planning for today’s visit to San Francisco.  The annual Oktoberfest celebration on Pier 48 was the destination, and our plan was to be there all afternoon.  The beer was not an issue for me.  I don’t like it.  But the German cakes and bratwurst could have been calling my name, if I didn’t have a strategy.

I knew from past Oktoberfests that Bavarian pretzels were a feature, and I love pretzels.  So, I ate a late breakfast and looked forward to the pretzel, until I found the booth that featured them.  While the rest of my group enjoyed sausage, sauerkraut and beer, I was perfectly content with my Bavarian pretzel.  I also made a deal with the family that we would stop for an early dinner on the way home.

One really great, grilled halibut later, I’m back from a day filled with German song, dance and a terrific fresh fish.  A fun time was had by all.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment