Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Three amigos weigh-in

It’s another weigh-in day at Weight Watchers.  Tuesdays seem to come around faster as I get older.   And today, in addition to having my son with me, my friend Tammi has come on-board.  Yeah team!

I knew that the day would come where I would either plateau or even gain a pound.  And today was the day.  Four weeks into the program, I gained that pound.  I’m not a psychic nor am I a pessimist.  I know my body from 57 years of owning it.  And, I know that each time that I have been a Weight Watchers member, I get to this point at about this time.  I can’t explain it other than to say it just happens.  I have been a “perfect” program follower and points tracker all week. 

The key to my success will be to carry on.   It’s that simple.  Sure I’m irritated that the scale didn’t reward me with a negative number, and I thought about taking my frustration out on this innocent weighing device.  But, why bother?  As Claudette says, “the time is going to pass anyway,” and next week will be here before I know it.  So, why would I ruin my newly formed good eating habits with my past behavior?  

The tally is now 4.2 pounds in four weeks.  That scale and I are going to have another go at it in seven days.  I’m planning on winning the next round.

Talk to you soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment