Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time is flying...weight is dropping

Today is weigh-in day. I think I’ve said this before, but the weeks seem to fly by a lot faster at age 57 than they used to when I was a kid. Christmas used to feel like it took years before it came around again, and now, it is holiday season starting in August, and I’m thinking about gifts and preparation by Labor Day.

I think there is one advantage to the feeling that time is flying, and that is how fast the first six weeks of Weight Watchers has flown. Like Claudette says, the time is going to pass anyway, so why not do something that makes you feel better. I have now lost 8.6 pounds, which is another two pounds this week. I feel better. And, my buddy and son, Alex, is down 8.2 pounds in three weeks. He feels better, too.

As we walked home from our meeting today, Alex pointed out that I no longer make us stop along the way so that I can breathe. I think that my body is actually getting in shape, one stride at a time. This is a first for me; so, once again, I feel better.

Thanks for sharing my blog with your friends.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment