Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy #13


Thirteen years ago today, I slipped into my wedding dress and married my wonderful fiancé.  The operative words in that sentence are “slipped into” and I could do it because I had been to Weight Watchers and lost enough weight to make that happen.

My dress hangs in my closet to remind me how much I enjoyed my wedding day and almost every day since then.  But, slipping into it is no longer an option.  That’s okay.  I have learned that losing weight for an occasion, no matter how important the day, is not a good enough reason to keep it off. 

That’s why I gave myself 50 weeks to lose 50 pounds, or however many it actually takes.  This time, for the first time, it’s about changing my lifestyle choices in order to maintain a healthy weight….not for a dress, not for a day, but for the rest of my life.  It makes perfect sense now. 

So, Happy Anniversary to my husband, Mark.  Happy Columbus Day to the rest of you.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment