Thursday, October 22, 2009

What to do with a giant pancake


When I visit my sister, we have a tradition of going to breakfast at the wonderful Griddle Café, in Hollywood.  Famous for hundreds of varieties of pancakes, French toast and other goodies, I begin salivating as we drive towards our destination.

Today, was that day.  Before leaving the house this morning, I remembered the discussion we had at Tuesday’s meeting, led by Scott, on the point count of pancakes versus waffles.  What Scott didn’t factor in is the size of a Griddle Café pancake. 

Coming in at 10” in diameter, it is a pancake on steroids.  A “normal” order has three of them, which no human being can really finish without a food-induced coma. But they will sell just one.  And if you travel with my sister, you get to split the one pancake in half. 

So, she and I split a fresh raspberry and lemon pancake.  She used the butter and the real maple syrup because she is skinny.  I savored every bit of my pancake without those added points because the pancake stood its own.

Add the French press coffee to this picture, and you know how I spent the first part of my day.  And, I’m still awake. 

Thanks for telling others about the blog.

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE pancakes. They are one of my MANY weaknesses! You did good holding off on the syrup and butter. I wouldn't have been so self-restraint. Good job!

    ReplyDelete