Monday, May 3, 2010

50 pounds in 20 weeks...Kirstie Alley's approach

I read an article today, granted it was tabloid inspired, about Kirstie Alley. She supposedly has lost 50 pounds in five months, which is about 20 weeks for those of us, like me, who count things like that. Considering that she and I are about the same age, I should be impressed by that accomplishment…but I’m not.

She lost 75 pounds a couple of years ago with the help of Jenny Craig. Then, she gained 85 pounds after ending that program. I’m not sure that she is learning how to eat and what triggers her to eat because she gained a lot of weight in a short amount of time. She does, however, seem to be learning how to lose weight quickly. Not the lesson I’m interested in following.

I hope that this time, she succeeds. Knowing how much I don’t ever want to have to face losing 50 pounds in 50 weeks again, I can imagine how she must have felt knowing that she faced 85 pounds. Maybe, she will eventually get the concept of not rushing…it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment